Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Offline Marketing

Hello everyone!

                          The last time we spoke. I talked about some Free And Low Cost Ways To Generate Traffic Online . So it's only natural I share with you about offline marketing today. 

 Now when it comes to marketing.Some online business owners tend to limit themselves to online marketing methods. However  there is a huge potential to promote your home based business through some cost effective offline marketing strategies.

Now once again I like to point out. I'm NO expert, however what I do know. I'm more then happy to share. So, what  are the most effective offline marketing strategies for your home based business? Here are just a few. 

Word of mouth:Word of mouth is one of the best and a  free way  to advertise.We all have people we interact with on a daily basis, and these are potential customers/business partners. 

Make a list of all the people you know or interact with, and how can you best tell them about your online business. Be passionate about your business, and always be prepared to tell someone about it. When an opportunity to do so presents itself. Now I know is easier said then done. I have been guilty of it myself in the past. Keeping my business to myself. However after doing over and over. It does gets easier. 




Fliers: Fliers can be effective.You could create one to distribute to your local businesses in your area, and one for neighborhoods. Highlighting the benefits of an online business.

Most businesses have company bulletin boards.That are use to put up the company’s latest news and/or local news in the area. Fliers can be tacked on such bulletin boards. But before doing so, check to make sure it's okay with the stores HR or customer service department before placing the information.

Other places to place fliers.Which I have personally done. Is car windshields, newspaper holders.(That are underneath the mailbox in neighborhoods), free magazine and free local newspaper stands. I place them in the magazine/newspapers itself or if time is limited. I would place one on top of the magazine/newspaper.

Business Cards: Just like fliers you can disturbed them  in your local area. There great to place on bulletin boards as well. Give out to friends, neighbors,church members or anyone you meet.

What I personally do. When I go to the grocery store, I will leave one in the buggy. I also hit the magazine stand section. And place them in the home business magazines. I also do that when I go to the book store as well. 

Another great place that I place my business cards. Are in the envelopes of bills going out to be mailed. Every time myself  and my husband pays a bill. I will place my business card in the envelop along with the check.( Now of course if your paying your bills online this option will not work for you.)  smile :) 

Newspapers and magazines: Local newspapers are good for advertising your online business. Most local papers have an home business opportunities section, where you can  run an classified ad. 

In addition, even thought I have not personally tried this myself. However I  have  heard of people using this method. Contact your local newspaper or business-oriented magazine. And let the business editor know you have a new business, your web site, and what you have to offer.

 Local newspapers are frequently interested in featuring local business people and their accomplishments. This is FREE advertising. You can also contact your local magazine and offer to write a monthly or weekly guest column for them, and include your ‘author bio’ and home based business website.




Networking Parties : Networking Parties or Meetup. Are a great opportunity to network with other like minded people. To share your opportunity with local people in your community and beyond. 

If you go to meetups.com,you can find one in your local area.  Now some meetups are free and there are some that are not. The prices differ. It depend on the organizer of that particular meetup. For what they decide to charge for the monthly dues. 




 So they you have it! These are just a few ways. To market offline. There are many more ways you can.

 The offline marketing strategies outlined above can help you grow your home based business. I have used most of these strategies a lot and they do work. Just like online it will take some effort and consistently for it to pay off. So while the weather is great. This is the best time to get out there and promote your business offline!

As always it been great speaking with you. Have a great 4th of July weekend and be safe.

To Our Success!




 Patrica Stevenson
Virtual Business Owner/Team Leader 
(704) 629-8054







No comments:

Post a Comment