Wednesday, July 9, 2014

How To Cope With Your Home Business And Your Daily Tasks



One of the attractions of working at home is the vision of freedom it invokes.No time clock, no time sheets, and no one to account to for how you spend your time. Yes, it is an attractive proposition, but like so many attractive propositions there is a heavy downside. TIME WASTING.


 Yes I said it! I will admit I'm occasionally guilty of it as well.  I can easily get distracted if I allow it. And I'm not talking about emergencies. I'm talk more about pesky little things like. For example. Television, Social Media, Video Games and ect. 

Like so many other stay at home moms. I feel like there's never enough time in the day. Between  my 5 year daughter, my husband, household  chores, and my virtual  business. Oh and how can I forget. Trying to fit some time in, just for myself. It's just never enough time. 

So how does one stay on-task? The best way I've found is to have a To Do List. Which is best to plan it out the night before. So you know exactly what you need to accomplish the next day. 



Having my day  planned out has helped me tremendously.Which has improved my productivity. Now of  course I'm not saying that having a To Do List. Will stop emergencies from happening. Because that life! Also it's not  going to stop a million things, that will try to vie for your attention and time. It will even feel like the world is plotting against you. Like for instance.At this very moment as I'm writing this. My 5 years old . Keeps popping in and out the office asking for Popcorn lol.

Having a To Do List keeps you focus and motivated on the things that needs to be done for the day. I don't know if anyone else have notice this. But if you don't plan your day.Your day will  plan YOU. 

It's too easy to waste time doing non productive tasks. And if  not focus. It's easy to get sidetracked or distracted from your current task. When you don't schedule your time. Unscheduled work time can often overlap into your free time.Until you don't have any free time at all. Plus vice verse where your free time can overlap into your work time. Until you fall behind with your daily task. Concentrating your time and effort on your daily task means more gets done.


 So whether you write your To Do List on paper, use Google Calendar, or One Note. It doesn't matter. As Nike says "Just Do It'. 


Just like having a schedule working outside the home. You would need a schedule working at home. And if you don't think you need one. Then think again lol.

 The best way to chart yourself to successful. Is to take care of  business and stay on task. 


As always.Thanks for stopping by! It's always a pleasure having you here. Until next time...



Click here if your looking for a business and a team that will help you succeed.


Patrica Stevenson
Virtual Business Owner/Team Leader
(704) 629-8054
email



 






No comments:

Post a Comment